We believe that the involvement of a family consultant is intrinsic to successful collaborative practice and,
therefore, family consultants are involved throughout the process.
- Family consultants can provide individual and joint support to the couple
- The family consultant's focus is on providing support with emotional wellbeing rather than legal or financial matters
- The provision of neutral support can be adapted to each family's particular needs
- Family consultants can offer practical advice on issues relating to children
- Family consultants can help to manage the dynamics in meetings to facilitate better communication and outcomes
- Where appropriate, the family consultant can also meet with children